Wednesday 1 August 2012

Workshop Coffee Co., Clerkenwell, London

Good morning readers!

2 weekends ago, it had been 4 years since I had seen my dear, Parisian friend who also loves breakfast, just like me, so I took her out to try this fabulous café-cum-restaurant in Clerkenwell, Farringdon.

Initially known as St Ali, another one of my loveable friends from Melbourne, whom I had met while I was out in Australia travelling for 5 months in 2010, recommended the restaurant to me when she came to visit me in London last year. It was a sister branch from the same city and has since been rebranded to Workshop Coffee Co. and it still has a definitive, Melbournian feel to it.

Melbourne is well known for it’s café culture and this has certainly been ‘exported’ to London so aptly that you feel like you are back there in Oz, enjoying this culture the Melbournians have made their own.

For brunch, there are a variety of amazing options and I chose to go for the ‘Brioche French toast, poached English rhubarb and blood orange mascarpone’ topped off with a poached egg. Highly satisfying, filling and most importantly, delicious. The place is also renowned for its' flat whites. Sincerely recommend this place!



Go try and let me know how it was! Bon appetit! xx



© Londontopnosh, Meetali Parekh and Best London Breakfasts, 2012 - 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Londontopnosh, Meetali Parekh and Best London Breakfasts with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice tribute to Melbourne! Glad it passed your discerning taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks! Do let me know if there are any other places that you would recommend! xx

    ReplyDelete