Friday 10 August 2012

Maison Blanc, Holland Park, London.

Maison Blanc was originally conceived as a patisserie by the French chef, Raymond Blanc. I have tried the cakes there which are absolutely delicious but I had never tried breakfast there. There are currently 14 Maison Blanc restaurants in the UK. Generally, I do my research and book the table well in advance as I like to make sure that I am going to the best restaurants for breakfast, but this particular time, we decided to 'go with the flow' and decide on the day.

So, one wintery, Saturday morning in February, we met at Holland Park tube station and I soon found myself having breakfast with my breakfast buddy at Maison Blanc in Holland Park. We had wanted to go somewhere low key and classy; luckily, this place delivered!

I tried the Eggs En Cocotte with Wilted Spinach. The eggs were beautifully baked, the spinach perfectly wilted and a lovely thick hollandaise sauce on tasty, artisan bread from the Maison Blanc bakery. Mouth watering and very satisfying.

There's nothing better than having a warm, hearty breakfast on a cold, winter's morning and I would definitely recommend this place. Give it a try and as always, let me know how it was! ;)

Awaiting to hear your opinions.

Bon appétit! xx

 

© Londontopnosh, Meetali Parekh and Best London Breakfasts, 2012 - 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Londontopnosh, Meetali Parekh and Best London Breakfasts with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

1 comment: