Friday 7 September 2012

Lantana Cafe, London.

http://www.lantanacafe.co.uk/menu_brunch.html

One glorious, spring morning, I met with my breakfast buddy to have our catch up, but this time, I had requested for her to choose the venue for where we were going to eat breakfast. She gave me a choice of three places, but having left the final decision to her, I was informed that we would meet at 10.30am at Lantana Cafe. I had never heard of this place before, but I trust her taste so went with it. For certain, I was not disappointed.

This cafe is owned, I believe, by Australians who as I have mentioned before love their cafe culture. Please read my article: http://bestlondonbreakfasts.wordpress.com/2012/08/01/workshop-coffee-co-clerkenwell-london/

It has a buzzing and friendly atmosphere once you actually get inside the cafe (there is generally a queue to eat there as it has become so popular!) and the service is surprisingly friendly, as Australians have unfortunately earned themselves a reputation for being rather forthright, in general. :) I have to say that the people I met there were lovely!

Most importantly, the food and coffee was great! You can smell the wafts of freshly brewed coffee as you walk in and this place is famed for its' flat whites (famous coffee loved by Australians and New Zealanders, I am told!). This coffee was perfect:



I had the 'Toasted Banana Bread with spiced mascarpone and fresh passionfruit along with a perfectly poached egg on the side. Absolutely delicious! This cafe should definitely have a place on your 'to try' list. :)

As always, do let me know how you found it...!

'Til next time guys...

Bon appétit! xx



© Londontopnosh, Meetali Parekh and Best London Breakfasts, 2012 - 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Londontopnosh, Meetali Parekh and Best London Breakfasts with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment